Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day... memory lane

I guess with Mother's Day tomorrow... and Josh being so sweet to me already, I must say, I'm a little choked up about the whole thing! This is probably the first year that he really gets what it's all about... but, I was looking back at some pictures and found a few with me actually in the picture being the MOM! Usually I'm behind the camera... but every now and then I tell Mike to take a picture of me too, so in case I die, at least they'll know what I looked like. Either that... or when they grow up and don't remember what I did, I can pull these out and say... "Look, I actually was there taking care of you 24/7!"

Anyway, today Josh was asking me what my favorite breakfast was, my favorite drink... etc. I'm only assuming that this has something to do with his plans for tomorrow... but even if it doesn't actually happen, it just made me feel good that he thought enough to ask!

check out those wrinkly old man feet... don't ya love it???


try to ignore that double chin!



And of course, I always think of my own mom... and all that she has done for me over the years!! She continues to be an example to me... and is always there (even though thousands of miles away), to give advice, comfort... or even just a good laugh! And then there's my sisters... that are wonderful moms too... I feel so lucky, that we're all going through this "raising kids thing" together... So here's to all the moms in my life... new and experienced... grandmas, aunts, cousins and friends! Love you all!!!



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute Mother's Day post. I loved all of the pictures with you and your boys. Do you think you guys will have a girl, too?! We are totally blown away. I thought for sure we were having a boy.
Have a great Mother's Day!!

Suzie Soda said...

I love the pics..you look the most like your mom.
You are a great mom and I admire so many things about you. Have a wonderful day.

ps. I hope you get your fun breakfast.