Friday, May 02, 2008

Loose tooth??

We thought this day would NEVER come... even the dentist said that Josh's teeth were hangin' on tight and probably wouldn't get loose until at least the end of summer... if not another whole year! To be honest, I'm fine with it... toothless grins remind of me the not-so-good, awkward days of youth! But Josh on the other hand, is dying to reach this stage in his life. In his class room there is a chart that shows when the kids loose their teeth... and depart from the 'Toothy Mouth Club'! So this has been one of his goals since school started!

So yesterday his bottom front tooth is now a little loose, thanks to an encounter with a hockey puck! I wasn't there... he was at a friend's house.... but the other mom told me the story! Basically, he obviously started crying because he said, "It hurts worse then anything I've ever felt!" But when he heard those words, "oh no, I think your tooth is a little loose", he perked right up with a smile! There is now hope that he will get out of the "Toothy Mouth Club" afterall. So he's been wigglin' and jigglin' to get that thing out ( But he's not about to let Dad pull it out yet... even though Mike perked up at the thought of yanking it out!... personally, I get the eebie-jeebies at the thought of loose teeth!)... but for Josh's sake, I'm hoping that it comes out before the end of school... Kindergarten rite of passage? All I can say is, I'm just glad that this was a sudden act of "fate", as opposed to him taking matters into his own hands!

We'll keep you posted!

No comments: