Monday, May 19, 2008

Field Day!!!

Kindergartner's didn't to get to sign their t-shirts for some reason, so he asked me, Dad and Caleb to sign it! :)



Josh had his first Field Day at school... and guess who forgot their camera!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! I did get some video on my phone, but I have no idea how to get it onto my computer... so unless someone knows how to do that, I don't have much to document it all! But the whole thing is kind of a big deal.. you have to buy "Field Day t-shirts" for the kids to wear. It was supposed to be on the 9th of May... and the 16th... but it kept getting rained out! So this was long-awaited!!

They had a little Opening Ceremonies... where they all march on the field holding their grade's flag, and they did the Pledge, and ran the Olympic Flag around the field! Then they got to go to all these different stations and do little sporty games/activities. Josh's favorites were bowling, volleyball, baseball throw and basketball dunk. But the main event was the Tug O' War! Unfortunately, some of the the kids in Josh's class were not pulling as hard, so he was only on the winning team once... but he still had fun!

Caleb just walked around with me and Mike watching, and he was just soooooo good! Although he was a little scared of the Tug O' War part... the whistle was pretty loud, and he kept backing up behind me... he didn't want to be up in front to see the action. Normally, he's quite the dare devil... but sometimes he surprises me with his timid/sensitive side!

Then after lunch, they headed inside for "Dance Revolution" and "Crab Soccer"! ... oh, one more thing.... I was able to eat lunch with Josh, but to get to where they were, you had to go through a gate... but the gate was locked. So you had to walk all the way around this field to get on their side of the fence. Now that's just too much work! So just imagine this 5-month pregnant body, jumping a chest-high fence... with 2-year old and cooler in tow! Now that's about the most adventurous thing I've done in weeks!!!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Sounds like fun! Especially the part where you got adventurous, I don't think I could do that.