Monday, June 23, 2008

grandma and grandpa are comin' to town!


G&G Grover (aka my mom and dad) are heading to Richmond for a couple weeks... and they actually left today, but they won't be arriving until next week sometime because they are flying to Chicago, and long story short, are driving the rest of the way seeing church sites, etc. So I was explaining this to Josh, and he wasn't really comprehending where they were, and what they were doing... so we decided to follow their journey on a map. (thought this would be a fun "lesson" for Josh)

Mike caught wind of this little project, and thought that it was more for my sake then a geography lesson for our rising 1st-grader. His words exactly, "Isn't this more for you?? are you just a little bit excited?" I have to concur, I am excited that they are coming, so this map/countdown to their arrival was fun for me too!

Regardless, now we have a detailed route mapped out (complete with airplane and car stickers to keep track of how they will be traveling... and blue stars to document when they arrive) so we know exactly where they will be on any given day during the week! So, for example, if you are wondering where Garth and JoLene will be on June 28th, I can say with about 98% accuracy that they will be in Kirtland, Ohio! Man, I'm good! And when they arrive around July 1st, we'll be ready!!!

3 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I know you are excited. I love your folks..it will be fun to have them visiting.

Chele said...

that is so awesome that your family is coming to Richmond. I know that you guys will have a blast.

Laurene Ross said...

family is fun. i know you will have a great time. See you in a little over a week. i need to get moving on my lesson. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!! You ROCK!