Thursday, June 12, 2008

30 ... and still tickin'

Quote of the day: "Oh yeah, it's your birthday today, Mom!... You're 30!... but it doesn't look like you're any taller!" -- Josh


I've heard horror stories from people about the day they turned 30... depression sets in... you notice wrinkles you never had before... yadda, yadda, yadda.... In fact, my sister, NaDene sent a birthday card and wrote in it how "there could be worse things then being 30... you could be pregnant! Oh wait!" Hahaha! So I was a little curious to see how I would feel waking up today and no longer be in my ROARING TWENTIES!!! But even I surprised myself!

Of course it helped when my birthday celebration actually started yesterday when Josh picked a flower for my hair ... and Caleb picked grass (I fashioned a ring out of it) and wore it all afternoon! Suz dropped off a delish dark chocolate bar... and Heather and Aimee kidnapped me for a surprise pedicure and dessert at Cheesecake Factory... so this morning, even though I felt a little tired from being up late... I felt invigorated for some reason! In fact, I was listening to music from my computer and it started to play a song that reminds me of growing up... Tijuana Taxi... by the ever famous "Tijuana Brass!" You just can't help but dance around and laugh... although Caleb probably thought I was border-line insane! Oh well... he's 2!

And after I went shopping for a few fun maternity clothes, (by myself with no kids banging on the dressing room door... or hiding in the clothes racks) I'm ready to tackle this thing they call "turning 30" with grace... I won't mention that I completely tripped coming out of the mall, and nearly did a face-plant on the pavement... now that's grace, right?? But I felt better, when I checked my messages to hear a birthday wish from Chels, and a singing message from Gary Duda, the best real estate broker in the world! So far, my day couldn't get much better...

And tonight... I'm looking forward to take out from Olive Garden (thanks to Mom and Dad for the gift certificates!) and maybe even watching a good 'ole chic-flic... that is if I can stay awake!

So, I'm joining the group of thirty-somethings... and I'm vowing now to LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!... pregnant and all!

2 comments:

Chele said...

Happy Birthday. HOw is it to turn 30?. I will be 30 next year. so let me know.

Ashlee & Christian said...

Happy Birthday!!! Love the quote of the day from Josh, too cute! Oh man, am I starting to treasure those get away times to go shopping or do whatever by yourself. You feel so much better just getting out and not having to worry about anyone but you or have your hands full! Glad you had a good birthday!