Monday, April 28, 2008

Handy Hubby





Mike is always so busy with work, that he rarely has time to work in the yard... but this Saturday he went all out... including borrowing a trailer from a friend/boss, renting an aerator, and seeding the lawn! This may seem like normal Saturday activities for some, but for a dad whose busiest days are Saturdays, this was a huge accomplishment!!!

The boys were thoroughly entertained as they watched Dad leave "poop" all over the lawn! They had the best seats... in the trailer... eating ice cream cones. They were so excited... you would have thought there was a Circus in our yard! They spent the rest of the night riding their bikes into the trailer and down the ramp at top speed! Do you think they're deprived because the lawnmower is the extent of our "farm equipment"??? I guess we got ourselves a couple city boys... with only an occasional romp in the country when we go to Alaska!

Anyway, here's a shout-out to Mike for widening their horizons with some good 'ole heavy equipment! Ha!

3 comments:

Chele said...

love the pictures. It is nice to get some yard work done. My husband rarely has time to do yard work also so I get to do most of it. The girls love it cause then they are free to rome outside. We live on a very busy street and I guess you could call me a paranoid mother

Laurene Ross said...

OK, I have been here before about a month ago or so,but it wasn't current. I am so glad to see you are on top of things I mean what do you do all day? :) Mike is the man. I refuse to do yard work because it will end up being my job.
I am begining to think being a city dweller is OK.

Suzie Soda said...

Oh the simple things of life.....playing in the trailer with ice cream cones while your dad works in the yard. Very cute...before long they will be doing the yard work themselves. Hooray to Josh for a good report card....he always seems like such a nice little boy. He must have a great mom:)