Saturday, April 05, 2008

My new favorite thing!

I've heard of it before, but just thought that it was too good to be true... that it would still be a hassle... that it would still cost more then the old-fashioned way... and that it would be just another "lesson learned" about not getting sucked into the latest gimmick!

Well, I hope that I haven't disappointed some of you when I say that I am totally and utterly addicted to NETFLIX!!! And I can honestly say that it is so easy! So far I've already watched 3 movies for the monthly $8.99, and it's only been a couple weeks... I already have my money's worth. And I haven't had to leave my house! I know that some people enjoy the trek to the video store... but for me, it's just another errand to run with 2 kids in tow! Now, the only trip I have to make is to my mailbox! And there's no shipping at all!

Last night I just finished watching "Jane Eyre"... so good, by the way! ... and I'm already looking forward to the next one! Have I converted anyone yet???

5 comments:

Chele said...

You almost have me convinced because I know how it is taking two kids to the store. However, with my two girls going shopping other then grocery shopping is okay. However to the movie store is horrible they can never decide on a movie. Have you seen fool' s gold I watched it last night. I liked it so maybe check that one out when it comes out on video. Glad to see that things are going good.

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I know what it is to take 3 kids and will know how it is when #4 comes in October. Yipes! I really want to get Netflix, but just don't. Go figure. I do the redbox though. $1 a movie a day. Not too shabby. Have a great day!

smart mama said...

Hey- It's Leslie Graff- I just found this on a link on Ssnja's blog (she is one of my online friends) when i saw the name I thought no it can't be, but it is you one and the same- Hey 2 thumbs up for netflix- I had as you like it from them this week!

Sonja said...

I love Netflix too! It's so easy and it totally fits my husband's personality, we don't have to pay the late fees :)

Toomey Family said...

Hey hey-
I google your name just like you said and I found your fabulous blog, Gavin and Calee will love to see all of Josh's and Caleb's adventures! I totally should do the Netflix thing, we said we would do it when Matt had surgery but didn't get around to it. I guess I'll add one more thing to the list of stuff we finally need to get on board with...ie cable, Tivo, now netflix. Someday I'll get my act together. Matt is doing a late night at the hospital tonight so I am going to go get a chick flick, how I wish it was just in my mailbox.