Monday, April 14, 2008

Too Proud?... or Too Cold???

Yesterday (on Sunday), I actually felt on top of things... I was completely prepared for Sunday... diaper bag packed by Sat. night, the boys' clothes laid out on their beds, dinner in the oven by 10am, lunch ready by 11:30, and we were out the door by 12:28 (fyi: our church starts at 12:30), arrived at church to set up the RS room... and made it into Sacrament meeting by the Sacrament hymn. May seem like a failure to some, but I felt satisfied with my efforts.

I had a pleasant day at church... despite the fact that Caleb was going bonkers in the nursery! Sorry Heather (our fearless nursery leader, aka as "The Payne" according to Caleb!)

We came home from church, had home teachers at 4 pm, and were enjoying dinner by 5 pm. The boys were feeling quite restless... so a quiet Sunday evening at home, seemed impossible, so we decided to venture outside for a "walk", in spite of a few grumbles from Dad about it being too cold to go out and was against the idea from the start. I insisted that it wasn't cold and to just throw on a sweatshirt and come along... afterall, it was nothing compared to Alaska weather! So, we were on our way.... everyone was on some sort of wheels... big wheels, scooter wheels, bike wheels... I was sporting flip-flops and trying to keep up! It was crisp out, but comfortable... and we walked to a little park nearby and played for a few minutes. But on the way back, the wind kicked up, and it started to rain. Caleb's little hands were freezing, and he had to stop every few minutes to blow on them to warm them up. Mike in his sweatshirt, and I, in my flip-flops was now regretting ever leaving the comfort of our living room... but I (being too proud) would not admit that it was too cold and insisted that this would be a fun memory we would eventually all cherish.

Therefore, I am posting our story on this blog to remember forever... the Trentadue Version of Pride and Prejudice!

No comments: