Thursday, April 17, 2008

Allergies are NOT only for NERDS!!



I never had allergies until I moved to Richmond! In fact, the only people who I knew who had allergies, were pathetic/nerdy characters in movies! My favorite character being the boyfriend to Meg Ryan in "Sleepless in Seattle"... you know who I'm talking about?? he was all decked out with vaporizers and nose sprays... what was his name?

ANYWAY, after living here for 8+ years, I have finally come to terms with the fact that I too... dun-dun-dun... have allergies! Just take a look at my car.... the picture doesn't do it justice... but this is not dirt or dust... this is yellow, sneezing, eye-watering pollen! And today, it is in full force..... you can see clouds of it billowing through the air! Yesterday my left eye had swollen up to half it's normal size... and on our walk to the park, I could barely open my eyes because there was so much pollen around!!!

It's enough to make me go completely crazy... I'm almost tempted to wear goggles and a mask everywhere I go! Now that would be a sight!

So what are my thoughts on SPRING??? Despite the cool weather, beautiful flowers blooming, smell of freshly cut grass.... Josh said it best.... "Mom, I hate spring!"

1 comment:

smart mama said...

i hate that pollen film- but at least it is spring there