Saturday, October 25, 2008

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?

First of all... as most of you know, I have spent HOURS on the phone over the past 4 months talking to LG, the manufacturer of our incompetent dishwasher trying to get them to give us a cash refund... or to replace the dishwasher with another brand, since I have little to no faith in LG and they have been unable to fix the dishwasher we have! I even shed a few tears over this due to my unintentional flow of emotions as a result of my hormonal and somewhat unstable state of mind due to pregnancy and even post-partum blues! And all of this was completely in vain, and not one person had any sympathy on me whatsoever! They kept saying, they couldn't change their policies. But because our dishwasher cannot be fixed, LG finally agreed to replace the piece of junk with (in my opinion) another piece of LG Junk... So, our current options are to go into Best Buy and pick out one with "compatible technology" that still falls within the price range that we paid for our original dishwasher. And if there is not one available within the price that we originally paid, we will have to pay the difference. great options, eh?

So, Mike waltzed into Best Buy the other day to pick out the dishwasher... and said that he did not want to exchange it with another LG, but wanted something else. He had to pay a $60 install fee, but he ended up with a Whirlpool! It was that easy!

Although I'm very happy that I don't have to see another LG Dishwasher come through my front door... I am very confused and disappointed that I spent so much time haggling and debating over this... and they were very firm about not letting us get anything but LG. And then Mike (a man) walks in and says literally 7 words and 5 minutes later, he got what I have been trying to get for months!

I'm trying not to be bitter and loose sleep over this... but really, what's up with that???

2 comments:

Ms. Muppettt said...

I totally sympathize. I'm going through the same thing with the autobody shop after our car accident. I hate it when people talk to me like I'm stupid.

Ashlee & Christian said...

I am sorry, I think all girls can relate to at least one instant where the husband just waltzed right in and it was fixed just like that. It bugs me too, oh well at least it solves it for us. Brooks is so cute, sorry i didn't get a chance on Sunday to chat more. Good to hear he is doing so well and gaining weight so well. Maybe he can teach Carter how to pound some food down.