Friday, October 10, 2008

Brooks Wesley Trentadue

It is true... babies do come out eventually!!! ... I have to admit, I was starting to wonder!

Brooks Wesley Trentadue arrived on Friday, Oct. 3, 2008 at 4:04 p.m. He weighed 9 lbs. 11 oz. and was 21 inches long! Both big brothers are very excited and have been a huge help... putting in the binky, fetching diapers... and just being cooperative and playing so great together! We're also lucky enough to have Grandma (my mom) here with us! phew! And although we're still working out the kinks, Brooks could not be much easier. he's already sleeping great at night (sometimes 4 hours at a time) and is so laid back and content. LOVE IT!!!

Now for those of you who want a little more details (I promise not to get too gorey)... keep reading... if not, just check out the pix of our lil' dude!




"Awesome Big Brothers" - they painted these t-shirts themselves and were so proud of their creations! They even made a little shirt for Baby Brooks! ("Awesome Lil' Brother!")







I know, I know... check out that hair! he has the "do" of a baby chick... and despite the combing, it likes to stick straight up!






*******************************************************************
A few more details....
For those of you not so fortunate as to hear my complaining... I had been pretty uncomfortable for the past couple months. lots of back pain, fatigue, and pressure from a moving, ever-growing baby... the usual pregnancy stuff. But the last several weeks were especially hard since I was continually having contractions/braxton hicks. By 37 weeks, I was 3 cm... so I was encouraged that things were moving along.

My last drs. appt was scheduled for Oct 3 at 9:00a.m., so I got Josh off to school, and went to my appointment. I was feeling a little "sluggish", but nothing out of the ordinary... so when my doctor said that I was definitely 5 cm, I was a little more the shocked. At this point, she couldn't let me go home like that... so they wheeled me in wheelchair over to the hospital. (a little embarrassing, I might add... but they wouldn't let me walk by myself... despite the fact that I drove myself to the hospital and walked in there by myself. that's how us Alaskan women do things, ya know!)

Anyway, the nurses were a little more then surprised when I "waltzed" into my room at 5 cm and feeling no pain. go figure! But they broke my water, and I started making a few calls... first and foremost, calling my husband to come in immediately.... calling the school to arrange for Josh to be picked up... calling my mom and sisters... and settling in to watch "Regis and Kelly". Things got moving a little bit, but they gave me a "whiff" of petocin to get things going a little faster. I was toying with the idea of doing this without an epidural, but it didn't take much back-labor before I felt completely out of control at 7cm... in fact, I remember breaking down at one point and crying to the doctor that I just couldn't do this anymore... not my best moment.... and that I was ready for that big 'ole needle! So, a few contractions later, things eased up a bit, but the contractions never completely went away before it was time to have a baby! I felt a "little" (the term "little" is used rather loosely here) more then I had expected (which turned out to be a good thing), and 3 contractions later, Brooks was born!

My mom flew in the next night... and I got to see her on Sunday morning, when they all (Mike, Mom, Josh and Caleb) came to take me and Brooks home!

Since then, we've been working out the kinks of having a newborn again... and after tweaking a few things, Brooks is sleeping great at night... and is pretty content during the day! We all love him very much and are enjoying spending time with our "big" guy!

Thanks for all your emails and words of congrats... it means so much to us!

11 comments:

AK girl said...

He is adorable! Congratulations! Cute shirts for your boys!

Lynn and Sherry Whyte said...

I have been waiting for you to update your blog - some of us were hungry for more pictures and to hear how things were going (as we were hesitant to call and disturb any peace that there may be in the Trentadue household!)I love all that hair!!! He is too precious - it was fun to hear the details for his birth!

Suzie Soda said...

So fun to hear the details. I am sure we will re-hash at recipe club. Do you need anything? I can take your mom out if she needs a break. Can wait to see you all. He is a cuite. Almost full-grown...just kidding. No wonder you were so miserable. He is a big boy.
But oh so cute. Glad things are going so well. xoxoxo

Suzie Soda said...

So fun to hear the details. I am sure we will re-hash at recipe club. Do you need anything? I can take your mom out if she needs a break. Can wait to see you all. He is a cuite. Almost full-grown...just kidding. No wonder you were so miserable. He is a big boy.
But oh so cute. Glad things are going so well. xoxoxo

Chele said...

e is so cute congrats. I love the hair. Three boys wow that is awesome. I hope things are going good for you. You sure do have some cute boys. Good luck with everything.

Toomey Family said...

I loved all the pictures! He is a handsome "big" guy. Congratulations you guys!!! Those shirts are so fun...you always do such a good job of getting the kids involved.

Laurene Ross said...

His hair is to die for! Don't worry about the break down, not your best hour,com'on you were in heavy duty labor with a big boy.I would say you are awesome. I hope all is going well. I sat next to your mom in RS and had a lovely talk. She is great.

Tiffany said...

Congrats!!! He's such a doll!! Let me know if you need anything. What a cutie!!!

Ashlee & Christian said...

That hair is so awesome. I love it. Those shirts, how sweet is that. What fun memories of all those boys in their cute shirts. Glad you are doing well and that Brooks is a good boy and sleeping, yeah!

emily said...

Congratulations, KaLisi! I have been checking in on you every once in a while and was so happy to see that you finally got that baby OUT! I always love the feeling of being able to sleep on my tummy again. :) You make beautiful babies...keep up the good work!

Emily said...

Hey - this is Emily, the new girl in the ward. :) I hope you don't mind me checking your blog (I saw the link on Rachel's).
He is so adorable! I'm glad you gave the details; I love a good "war story."