Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I know, I know... it's been awhile

It's not that I haven't wanted to post... I have... but I've been in denial about my most recent act of stupidity and have been embarrassed to admit what happened. I won't go into all the details (mainly for my own dignity), but I lost all my pictures on my computer! Most of them were backed up on CD's... but I had been lazy about backing up the last year and a half... thinking that I would get to it sometime. I did get some recovery software and managed to save a lot of pictures. But there is no way to tell what I have, or don't have because they are a complete mess!!! No dates, no type of order... it's literally PANDAMONIUM! So I will be spending the next several weeks organizing pictures and trying to make some sense out of this digital mess!

And it's taken me up until now to console myself about the whole thing... but I think that everything will be okay... so I'll start posting pictures again soon.

****************

Just a little update on the boys....

Josh has been having fun at a sports' camp this week. He has been going from 9-12 every day with a friend from school, and he's loving it! He is working on his reading... and although he gets frustrated, he's doing better. But he loves to write and has been doing a journal entry several times a week. But he's seriously into Lego Kits right now.... he'll spend hours putting together planes and helicopters and submarines... right now he's saving up his $$$ to buy the Indiana Jones set.

Caleb is quite the character... he is talking so well now... and he can talk to pretty much anyone/anywhere! Sometimes it's kind of embarrassing because he stops people in the store, at the pool, etc... and talks their ear off. Lately, he's fascinated with the doctor's office, and whenever I have my check-ups (which are every 2 weeks now), he has a list of questions for her. He's into cars and motorcycles... and whatever Josh is doing. He's also getting ready to turn 3... which he is very excited about!

Mike is working hard.... and trying to tie up all the loose ends before we head to the beach this week... this will be our last little vacation before the baby comes, so hopefully we'll get good and relaxed! Mike, like Caleb, is also into cars... and recently motorcycles too... he keeps trying to convince me that him getting a motorcycle would be a good investment and save us $$$ on gas. I'm having a hard time picturing a real estate agent riding around on a bike... pulling out contracts out his backpack... and showing people houses in his little side-car. At this point in time, I am NOT giving my blessing on such a reckless way of transportation... no offense if anyone has a motorcycle... but I'm just not the "daring type" right now. He thinks I'm being ridiculous and jokes about buying one anyway and asking for forgiveness later. I joke about changing my last name back to Grover and asking for alimony later! :)

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Love that last comment..very funny. have fun at the beach. We will miss you Tuesday at recipe club. suz

Chele said...

Hope you have fun at the beach. Let me know when the baby comes I am so excited for you.