Friday, August 29, 2008

have you heard???


Sarah Palin, governor of Alaska, just got chosen as John McCain's VP!!! Many of you know I am from Alaska, so this just is so exciting that Alaska gets put on the map for something this big! This morning on Fox & Friends, they were trying to figure out who McCain was choosing... they received word that a plane from Anchorage landed in Ohio... but they also heard that Palin was supposed to make an appearance at the Alaska State Fair in Palmer, Alaska... MY HOME TOWN....Turns out she missed the fair, but just hearing my home town (along with other cities where I have been and know of) on national news puts a little butterfly in my stomach!!!

And honestly, I don't know a lot about her... I know that she is completely family oriented with 5 children.... the youngest of which is down syndrome and she just had recently (since being in office).... so she's completely PRO LIFE. And she has strong views about the whole oil thing and is taking drastic measures against the big oil companies and has WON!

Anyway, I'm not what you would call the "political type" (drives Mike crazy, by the way... he's always surprised that I even choose to watch the news occasionally of my own free will) ... and I know as much about politics as I do about cars... I know where to put the gas nozzle, and I know the difference between Democrat and Republican. (sad, I know) But, if you don't know much about Palin and wonder if this young, unknown is up to the challenge... do a little research and keep your eye on her... Who knows, you just might be surprised at what us Alaskan women can do!!!

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I am very impressd with what I read about her.
Hooray for Alaska! suz

smart mama said...

i can't believe the abuse poor alaskans take-- even the media- like its not a real state- you gt less respect than rhode island- I for one have been standing up for her and say good job Gov Palin!