Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I'm no Ty Pennington... but...




I don't like to do this... but I've had several requests to post my latest creations! The first one is a $10 dresser from a yard sale that I refinished! I use it in my kitchen as storage for all the kids' art, craft supplies and other odds and ends. It has revolutionized my kitchen area and now I can't imagine my life without it.

The second pic is a storage bench that I made to not only hold blankets, our Rock Band equipment, and other random stuff... but to also provide extra seating in our family room. I've never done any wood-working... not even a shop class... so this has been a fun learning experience for me! This beast is 72 inches long, and 18 inches deep... we joke that it's the size of a coffin and that I will someday be buried in that thing because I'm so proud of it! I also made smaller benches for the boys to put in their room. They are helping me by painting them all by themselves, so it has been a fun mother/son project!

The only bad thing about doing all these little projects is that Mike now thinks that I can fix anything and everything... so he's slow to do things around here now. What was I thinking? I can't play clueless anymore!

1 comment:

Suzie Soda said...

You are so awesome. I am soooooooooooooooooooo proud of you for trying something new. You have so much talent just oozing out of your body. xoxoxo