Saturday, July 26, 2008

Don't buy LG


For the past several weeks... actually 4 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours and 16 minutes.... I have been without a dishwasher. In a previous post, I was actually enjoying the time doing dishes by hand... however, I have come to realize that we did not spend hundreds of dollars in order to use it as a fancy double-decker drainer! And after we have had technicians look at it, parts ordered, etc., no one seems to know what's wrong with it! So here we are a month later, and we're still waiting on parts... and I'm tired of doing dishes by hand... blame it on my achin' prego back... but I'm done doing things the old-fashioned way!

So after 1 1/2 hours on the phone with the manufacturer of said dishwasher (LG Brand), I have come to realize that LG is a difficult company to work with... LG parts are not easy to come by... so I'm sending this post out to the masses... or at least the few people who actually read this blog... as a WARNING... if you are contemplating buying any LG product, BUYER BEWARE!!! Don't be fooled by their sleek appearance and lower prices... stick to the companies that have been around FOREVER! According to the repair man, they hardly ever get calls on Maytag or Whirlpool appliances!... so I'm sticking with them from now on!

As for our dishwasher, we may get a replacement, and there's a slight chance they will offer us a refund. If that's the case, I'm taking the $$$ and running for the nearest Whirlpool dealer and never looking back!!!

3 comments:

Laurene Ross said...

I am sooooooo sorry. Paper everything is all I can say. Although after a while this might get expensive too.

Suzie Soda said...

I need a new dishwasher......Greg gav eme a coupon
for for my nirthday. I am looking at whirpools. I have a whirlpool washer and dryer and they have been awesome for 15 years. Good Luck to you. xoxoxo

Chele said...

that is awful. I know what it is like not to have dishwasher. Good luck i hope you are able to get a refund