Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Funny Caleb

Caleb and I were discussing a few matters of serious importance about the new baby this morning... here's how our conversation went.

Caleb: The baby sleeping? (as he lifts up my shirt to get a good look)
Mom: I think so.
Caleb: Let's wake him up, okay?
Mom: Okay, give him a little pat.
Caleb: How big is the baby?... he going to be wittle? (the whole time he's rubbing my tummy trying to wake him up)
Mom: Yes... he'll be about "this" big. Do you want to hold him when he comes out?
Caleb: only when he's wittle.

long pause....

Caleb: His mommy going to come out of your tummy too?
Mom: No, because I'm the baby's mommy.

long pause....

Caleb: No... you're MY mommy!
Mom: Well, I'm Josh's mommy, I'm your mommy... can I be the baby's mommy too?
Caleb: No, I don't want you to be the baby's mommy too.

Oh oh... we might be in for some trouble!


*********************************************************************************

Update on Josh....
Josh lost his second tooth on Sunday morning... he manages to do when no one is around, so we have yet to see the actual "losing of the tooth"... but I guess the gap is proof enough. So far he's lost the two bottom front ones!

He's also full "swing" into Fall Baseball! So far he's had 2 games and he's done great both times! Although it's a bit of a nail-biter, it's so much more exciting then T-Ball! And he's learning the ups and downs of the game first-hand... getting tagged out.... not getting to hit every inning because the boys ahead of him got out... and the stress of hitting the ball! But he's managing it well! GO JOSH!!!!

3 comments:

Ms. Muppettt said...

What a cute story. I'm sure he'll be fine once he has a chance to digest everything you told him.

Melanie

Toomey Family said...

Oh my...good luck with Caleb! He is so funny! Any day now...way fun!!

Chele said...

Hilarioua out of the mouth of babes isn't is great. I am excited for you to have another baby. Good luck